Jeffrey R. Klahr, CPA
“Over the years I’ve learned that responsiveness is crucial to success in the accounting profession. By meeting deadlines and responding to my clients’ questions and concerns in a timely manner, I am able to show them I value the relationship we’ve formed.”
As a team member at Lutz, Selig & Zeronda, L.L.P. since 2003, Jeff has developed significant expertise in providing attest, tax and consulting services to the firm’s clients. He has worked extensively with clients in the transportation, architecture, manufacturing, wholesale and insurance industries. In addition, Jeff is in charge of the firm’s employee benefit plan audit practice which has grown significantly under his direction.
Jeff has accomplished a lot in his 15 years in the accounting profession, but he is most proud of the work he has done with the firm’s employee benefit plan clients. He has worked closely with plan sponsors to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and is often consulted on deficient plans that are in need of an experienced auditor or consultant.
Jeff’s expertise has landed him several speaking engagements over the years, including the NYSSCPA’s program on Career Opportunities in the Accounting Profession. He has also lectured at conferences for the NYS School Bus Contractors Association and the NYS Bar Association.
Jeff attributes his success to a strong work ethic instilled in him from his parents and grandparents, the belief in the power of teamwork and the continual desire to learn.
Jeff is an avid sports fan and enjoys playing baseball and golf. Jeff has been involved in the Halfmoon Baseball league as a coach and director of player development for the last 15 years. He is currently the head coach for the travel baseball team his son plays on.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – New York
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Former Member of the New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA)
- Clifton Park-Halfmoon Summer Baseball Club
- Board Member/Treasurer
- Schenectady Jewish Community Center
- Audit Task Force Committee
- Retirement Benefits Task Force
- New York State School Bus Contractors Association
- Halfmoon Baseball League
- Board Member
- Ronald McDonald House (Charities of the Capital Region)
- Board Member
- 2018 Capital Region 40 under 40 Recipient
- State University of New York – College at Brockport
- BS in Accounting, 2002